Biosafety Training Online (BTO) is accessible via Blackboard
- Follow this link to the BTO Community on Blackboard. The course code is OREI_BIO.
- You will need to log-in with your QUT credentials.
- Click "Enrol" on the left of screen, and follow the prompts to enrol.
- The training may take about one hour to complete.
- Following the training, complete the multiple-choice quiz. If you score 80% (or higher) you will receive your completion certificate.
If you do not have QUT credentials and need to access the training, please email OREI.
Any additional training requirements should be discussed with your Supervisor, and will depend on your qualifications, experience, prior training and the nature of your work. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor and worker to ensure required safety training is undertaken.
Additional training may be required, and task specific safety training should be conducted / organised by your Supervisor or Safety manager. For example, safe transport of dangerous goods (e.g biological substances, diagnostic specimens, GMOs, dry ice) by air requires people to have Civil Aviation Safety Association (CASA) approved training.
Contact the Senior Biosafety Officer if you have any questions relating to biosafety training.
To register for Biosafety for Facilities Management and Cleaning Staff, please email OREI.
Scheduled training for facilities management staff:
|20 March||9 to 10.30am||Kelvin Grove Campus, S Block, Level 4, Room 403|
|10 July||9 to 10.30am||Gardens Point Campus, O Block, Level 5, Room 520|
|9 Oct||9 to 10.30am||Kelvin Grove Campus, B Block, Level 3, Room 301|