Biosafety Training Online (BTO) is accessible via Blackboard
- Follow this link to the BTO Community on Blackboard. The course code is OREI_BIO.
- You will need to log-in with your QUT credentials.
- Click "Enrol" on the left of screen, and follow the prompts to enrol.
- The training may take about one hour to complete.
- Following the training, complete the multiple-choice quiz. If you score 80% (or higher) you will receive your completion certificate.
If you do not have QUT credentials and need to access the training, please email OREI.
Any additional training requirements should be discussed with your Supervisor, and will depend on your qualifications, experience, prior training and the nature of your work. It is the responsibility of the Supervisor and worker to ensure required safety training is undertaken.
Additional training may be required, and task specific safety training should be conducted / organised by your Supervisor or Safety manager. For example, safe transport of dangerous goods (e.g biological substances, diagnostic specimens, GMOs, dry ice) by air requires people to have Civil Aviation Safety Association (CASA) approved training.
Contact the Senior Biosafety Officer if you have any questions relating to biosafety training.
Biosafety Drop-in sessions
Drop-in sessions are designed to allow participants to ask and discuss specific questions relating to biosafety, such as completing applications for the UBC, importing biologicals, how to work safely with particular material, and certification of facilities. These sessions do not provide a general overview of Biosafety, so it is recommended that you complete the Biosafety Training Online before attending.
How to register for drop-in sessions
QUT staff and HDR students who have access to StaffConnect can register there for training.
- Go to StaffConnect.
- Click on 'My HR' in the tab menu.
- Click on 'Personal Development' and select 'Training Request'
- Click on 'Add new record'.
- Click on 'OREI - Research Ethics and Integrity'.
- Select the correct course title (BIODI - Biosafety for PC2 Application Drop-In Session)
- Click on 'Venue details' for more information then close the window to return to the previous screen.
- Click on Nominate, fill out the form and click Submit.
HDR Students who do not have access to StaffConnect, and all other students, can register by sending an email including your name, student number and course code to email@example.com.
For further information please contact the Office of Research Ethics and Integrity on 07 3138 4692 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for Biosafety for Facilities Management and Cleaning Staff, please email OREI.
Scheduled training for facilities management staff:
|20 March||9 to 10.30am||Kelvin Grove Campus, S Block, Level 4, Room 403|
|10 July||9 to 10.30am||Gardens Point Campus, O Block, Level 5, Room 520|
|9 Oct||9 to 10.30am||Kelvin Grove Campus, B Block, Level 3, Room 301|